Performance: Introducing Brisbane — Leisure
This sample has been compiled by the QCAA to help teachers plan and develop assessment instruments for individual school settings. The assessment instrument provides opportunities for students to demonstrate the dimensions of the Conveying meaning criterion:
- Knowing and using
- Creating and responding.
This sample contains student responses to a task involving a student-to-student conversation. After the conversation, the teacher followed up with questions. However, that part is not provided. While the responses demonstrate particular qualities of student work at Standards A and C, only the match with Standard A descriptors are provided. The Standard A qualities are presented as extracts from the complete student response.
Before listening to the response
Ensure you read the assessment instrument and related information using the link below.
The links below are the components of the student response. They are all annotated to show the qualities of work that match Standard A and C descriptors. Click the play buttons to hear the responses. Other relevant information about qualities being demonstrated in the responses, including annotations and notes, appear as brief written notes.
- Segment 1: Complete response (not annotated)
- Segment 2: Standard A for flexibility and spontaneity
- Segment 3: Standard A for flexibility and spontaneity
- Segment 4: Standard A for pronunciation, intonation, rhythm and stress
Complete response (not annotated)
This segment allows the complete student-to-student conversation to be heard, but the match of the qualities to the standards are not described. However, the student work demonstrates:
- a range of familiar vocabulary and grammar
- cohesive devices used to connect ideas
- pronunciation comprehensible to a background speaker
- essential meaning and errors
- communication, responses and relevance.
The QCAA acknowledges the contribution of Brisbane Grammar School in the preparation of these documents.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (07) 3864 0375.