Young Queenslanders in the 21st century need to be:
- lifelong learners
- responsible global citizens.
QCAA General syllabuses are underpinned by the skills students need in the 21st century:
- critical thinking
- creative thinking
- collaboration and teamwork
- personal and social skills
- ICT skills.
The following written resources are provided to strengthen understanding about the skills students require in the 21st century:
- 21st century skills for senior curriculum: A position paper (PDF, 82.2 KB)
- Explanations of associated skills (PDF, 89.7 KB)
- Preparing students for a changing world (PDF, 186.9 KB)
The following videos explore the idea of the skills students require in the 21st century: