The introduction of the new Queensland Certificate of Education (QCE) system in 2019 involved changes to the QCAA’s curriculum, assessment and certification policies and procedures. A range of reports and data about the QCE is available on this website.
Year 12 certification summary
The Year 12 certification summary outlines the achievements of students who finish Year 12 in Queensland each year. It has been compiled from information provided to the Queensland Curriculum and Assessment Authority (QCAA) by:
- Queensland schools
- the Department of Education
- the Department of Employment, Small Business and Training
- the International Baccalaureate Organisation
- other learning providers.
Senior subject participation by school
The data provided is based on information reported to the QCAA by schools. It includes enrolment data for General, General (Extension), General (Senior External Examination), and Applied and Applied (Essential) subjects, as well as Short Courses.
- ‘Enrolment’ refers to the students who are enrolled in a unit or Short Course.
- Generally, most students complete Units 1 and 2 in Year 11 and Units 3 and 4 are undertaken in Year 12. However, schools have some flexibility to teach and assess students in the order that best suits their local context. This includes options such as early entry and completion, accelerated, compressed (compressing four units into one year) or extended completion.
- ‘Completion year’ refers to the year students complete the subject, e.g. data for the 2022 completion year indicates enrolments in those subjects in Units 1 and 2 in 2021 (generally Year 11) and Units 3 and 4 in 2022 (generally Year 12).
- The data ahead of the current year is preliminary only. It will change as students progress through their senior years of schooling.
The data is updated three times a year.