provide a variety of resources to assist teachers in their professional practice.
consist of five modules to support kindergarten teachers to implement the Queensland kindergarten learning guideline (QKLG).
Samples and templates:
provide a variety of planning, observation and transition statement samples and templates.
provides materials which can be used to train facilitators.
- About us
- Introducing the QCAA Meet our CEO and learn about our role and priorities for helping Queensland educators deliver the best curriculum and assessment practices from K-12.
- What we do Information about the educational services we provide Queensland schools and the community.
- Our organisation QCAA’s organisational structure and senior management team.
- Governance Information about our legislative function and seven member board.
- Annual report An evaluation of our performance and achievements during each year.
- Strategic direction How we deliver a world class curriculum, learning and assessment system.
- Corporate policies Our policies and procedures regarding employee conduct and travel, complaints management, gifts and benefits, information, privacy, public interest disclosures, and the right to information.
- Careers Want to work for us?
- Contact us Phone, email and address details for our head office, organisational units and district offices.
- K–12 policies and resources
- Student assessment Queensland’s formal program of standards-based assessment.
- Syllabus development Our cohesive and cumulative framework to teaching, learning and assessment across K-12.
- Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander perspectives QCAA is committed to increasing awareness of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander perspectives and improving outcomes for indigenous students.
- Equity in education We provide services and materials that challenge inequities and contribute to Queensland students receiving a socially just education.
- Kindergarten curriculum Queensland kindergarten learning guideline and Continua of learning and development companion.
- Professional topics Resources to assist teachers in their professional practice.
- Samples & templates Planning, observation and transition samples and templates.
- Modules Resources to support teachers to implement the Queensland kindergarten learning guideline.
- Train-the-trainer Materials to train facilitators.
- Prep–Year 10
- Transition to school Resources to support students’ transition from Kindergarten to Prep.
- Australian Curriculum Resources to support Queensland schools during the transition to the Australian Curriculum.
Resources to support the Queensland Curriculum for learning areas where the Australian Curriculum is not yet available.
- Early Years Curriculum Guidelines
- P–10 Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Languages
- P–10 Literacy & Numeracy
- Years 1–9 Health & Physical Education
- Years 1–9 Languages
- Years 1–9 Studies of Society & Environment
- Years 1–9 Technology
- Years 1–9 The Arts
- Years 8–10 Lower Secondary Subject Area Guidelines
- Year 10 Guidelines
- Vocational education & training (Year 10) Information about VET in Year 10.
- NAPLAN (Years 3, 5, 7 & 9) QCAA coordinates the administration, marking and reporting of NAPLAN tests in Queensland.
- NAPLAN Online QCAA is supporting the transition to NAPLAN Online by providing training, resources and a help desk service for all Queensland schools.
- Catering for diversity Resources to support schools in designing and implementing inclusive strategies for learning and assessment.
- Past curriculum documents Queensland’s past curriculum documents continue to be a valuable resource for educators.
- Senior secondary
- A–Z subject list Alphabetical listing of senior subjects.
- Years 11–12 subjects Resources to assist teachers to implement each Authority and Authority-registered senior subject.
- Senior assessment hub Direct link to the assessment tab on each of our senior syllabus webpages.
- Senior moderation hub Guidance for schools on moderation and quality assurance policies and processes for senior subjects.
- VET — Vocational education training QCAA, as delegate for the Australian Skills Quality Authority, registers and audits Queensland school registered training organisations.
- Senior External Examination Twenty-one individual subject examinations are provided across Queensland in October and November each year.
- Certificates & qualifications We manage the procedures for student certification and issue certificates of achievement, such as the Queensland Certificate of Education and Queensland Certificate of Individual Achievement.
- SEP calendar Key dates for student data submission and the issuing of senior secondary certificates and statements.
- QCS Test QCAA conducts this annual test which contributes information for the calculation of Overall Positions and Field Positions which are used for tertiary entrance.
- Tertiary entrance We rank eligible students for tertiary selection and issue Tertiary Entrance Statements.
- SDCS — Student Data Capture System The Student Data Capture System (SDCS) enables schools to report student details including enrolments and other information to the QCAA.
New Queensland Certificate of Education (QCE) and tertiary entrance systems
Information about how QCAA and schools are preparing for the new systems.
- School-based assessment
- External assessment
- Redeveloping and revising senior syllabuses
- New tertiary entrance rank
- Trained assessors
- Get involved
- Resources and support for school communities
- Frequently asked questions
- Review of senior assessment and tertiary entrance
- Training and professional learning for the new QCE
- PD & events
- Events by category QCAA runs PD events across Queensland for educators from K-12. Search our workshops by category.
- Events by district We run PD events across Queensland for educators from K-12. Search our workshops by region.
- 2017 Principals’ conference QCAA will hold a conference for senior secondary school principals and school leaders on 17–18 October 2017 at the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre.
- CPD for teachers We offer formal workshops and other products and resources that can contribute to the CPD requirements for Queensland teachers.
- Request for PD The QCAA provides competitively priced, custom-designed professional learning tailored to the needs of your school or cluster.
- Subscribe for updates Receive updates about future QCAA professional development events.
- Event registration form Use this form to register for QCAA events, workshops and seminars.
- Archive collection Search our past website archive collection.
- Brochures & factsheets Publications for schools, students and parents about our role, products and services.
- Memos Important notices about curriculum, assessment, testing and certification, including key dates and school responsibilities.
- Newsletters & magazines Keep up to date with QCAA news and initiatives.
- Statistics We manage a range of statistical information including data on enrolment and assessment outcomes.
- Reports & papers Links to published research reports and papers.
- Fees and charges for resources Prices for QCAA workshops, Senior External Examination, certificates and applications for equivalencies, verification or review of information, and the accreditation of syllabuses and guidelines.