Access keys | Skip to primary navigation | Skip to secondary navigation | Skip to content | Skip to footer |
Problems viewing this site

Equivalency of non-Queensland school qualifications

Please read through the requirements and ensure the application form is correctly filled in and all supporting documentation is clearly scanned.

Once your application has been processed you will receive your Equivalency Education Statement by email.

Various professional, government and other organisations provide recognition services for interstate and overseas qualifications.

Their involvement depends on the type of qualification and the purpose of the recognition. This page provides information on the QCAA's recognition service, as well as contacts for other agencies.

QCAA recognition service

The QCAA provides Education Statements for completed school qualifications that have been awarded by recognised interstate or overseas institutions. The statements give the general Queensland primary- or secondary-school level equivalent of the submitted qualifications.

This service is provided primarily for employment and recruitment purposes only. For further study services, see the list of contacts below.

The QCAA cannot assess incomplete studies, individual subjects or grades.

Links to other recognition services

Please contact the relevant agency for more information.

Recognition service


Entry to tertiary/further study, some job applications Queensland Tertiary Admissions Centre or the relevant institution
Overseas tertiary qualifications, vocational, paraprofessional qualifications Overseas Qualification Unit (OQU), Department of Employment, Small Business and Training
Teacher registration Queensland College of Teachers
Technical skills for migration to Australia Department of Home Affairs

How to apply to the QCAA

  1. Read carefully and complete:
  2. Upload QLD JP certified photocopies of:
    • your final qualification (e.g. certificate or diploma) in its original language if not in English and an English translation
    • proof of identity (current Australian driver licence or current passport or birth certificate, with an English translation if not in English)
    • proof of name change (e.g. marriage certificate or change of name certificate, with an English translation if not in English).

    All photocopies must be certified by a Justice of the Peace or a Commissioner for Declarations (see Finding a JP on the Department of Justice and Attorney-General website).

    English translations must be from services that are accredited by the National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters (see their online directory).

  3. Submit payment of $37.10 for interstate qualifications and $64.91 for overseas qualifications.
  4. The QCAA does not hold face-to-face interviews for this service.

How long will it take to process my request?

Statements are normally available within ten working days after receipt of your correctly completed application. During peak periods, processing may take longer.

More information


Back to top