Students working towards a QCE can choose from a wide range of learning options to suit their interests and career goals.
To be eligible for a QCE, students must:
- have an open learning account
- not have been previously issued with a QCE or equivalent
- accrue at least one credit from the Core category of learning while enrolled at a Queensland school.
To receive a QCE, students must achieve the set amount of learning, at the set standard, in a set pattern, while meeting literacy and numeracy requirements.
- 20 credits from learning options, including:
- Satisfactory completion, grade of C or better, competency or qualification completion, pass or equivalent.
- 12 credits from completed Core courses of study
- 8 credits from any combination of:
Literacy and numeracy requirements
Students must meet literacy and numeracy requirements through one of the available learning options.