The QCAA provides replacement copies of certificates and other educational results it holds. To protect people's privacy, copies can only be provided to the person named on the certificate.
Who to contact
|Junior/Year 10 certificate||1960–1995|
|Senior/Year 12 certificate||1973–2019|
|Senior/Year 12 certificate||2020–present*|
|Private-entry QCS Test certificate||1992–present|
*Students who complete Year 12 from 2020 will receive certificates and statements in electronic format via their learning account in the Student Portal on the myQCE website. These are official versions, which students may download to save/print at any time. Print copies may also be requested from the QCAA:
- End of year certification — students can request a free print copy via their learning account by 31 January (of the year following certification). Copies are posted in March, once applications for verification have been finalised.
- Mid-year certification — students can request a free print copy via their learning account by 31 August (in the year of certification). Copies are posted in September, once applications for verification have been finalised.
Print requests received outside of the above timeframes will need to apply to the QCAA for a print copy (see How to apply to the QCAA below).
If your certificate is not listed above, check the other organisations table below for details of which organisation to contact.
This table lists other organisations to contact to obtain replacement copies of certificates and statements not held by the QCAA.
|Junior/Year 10 certificates||before 1960||University of Queensland|
|1996–present||the school attended|
|Senior/Year 12 certificates||before 1973||University of Queensland|
|Scholarship results||before 1936||Queensland State Archives on (07) 3131 7777 and quote A/16128 to A/16148|
|Report cards and school references||the school attended|
|VET certificates and statements of attainment||the issuing Registered Training Provider (RTO) or the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) if issuing RTO is no longer operating|
How to apply
Complete this form online:
You will need to provide a certified copy of one of the following documents as proof of identity:
- valid passport
- driver licence or learner licence
- adult proof of age card
- birth certificate or extract of a birth certificate.
Documents must be current. For more information refer to the forms' explanatory notes
- If your family name has changed since your certificate was issued, you will need to supply additional information as proof of your identity, e.g. a marriage certificate or name change certificate.
- If you are acting as the agent of the person named on the certificate, you will also need to supply record of authority to act as an agent.
Each certificate copy is $35.88.
Charges will apply if you need a certificate sent by any of the following services (prices subject to change):
- Domestic Express Post ($9.15)
- International standard (Airmail) ($12.30)
- International Express Post ($38.00).
Certificates will be available for posting within seven working days following receipt of your correctly completed application.
For more information, email email@example.com or phone (07) 3864 0216.