In each school, subject leaders (e.g. subject teachers, subject coordinators, heads of department) typically:
- prepare and oversee the implementation of programs of study, assessment and requirements of the QCAA
- ensure standards are applied consistently in all subjects and Short Courses
- for example, by organising and overseeing internal subject quality assurance processes to compare assessments and the applications of standards between different teachers of the same subject
- prepare required materials and information for QCAA processes, including endorsement, confirmation, QCAA reviews and quality assurance processes
- use information from quality assurance processes to inform and improve teaching, learning and assessment practices as part of the school’s quality management system
- maintain records and evidence as required by the QCAA and the school.