The QCAA issues the Senior Education Profile (SEP) to students electronically.
Students can download and save their official SEP certificates and statements via their learning account in the Student Portal on the myQCE website.
A SEP may contain the following:
- Senior Statement
- Statement of Results
- Queensland Certificate of Education (QCE)
- Queensland Certificate of Individual Achievement (QCIA)
Each certificate and statement includes the student’s legal name, learner unique identifier (LUI), a unique document ID and QR code.
How to authenticate a certificate or statement
There are a number of ways that employers, further education providers and other organisations can check if certificates and statements are authentic:
- Electronic certificates and statements feature a blue digital signature panel along the top of the document. This certifies they are authentic QCAA documents and have not been altered.
- Via QR code — when scanned, the QR code on a certificate or statement directs users to a unique web page which displays the student’s name, document and date issued, and results. This confirms it is official. The URL will contain the QCAA domain name (www.qcaa.qld.edu.au).
- Via the QCAA website — users will need to enter the student’s family name, LUI and the unique document ID that is on the bottom of the certificate and/or statement.