Although students are expected to sit external assessment at their main learning provider (MLP), the QCAA recognises there may be circumstances where a variation to venue may be required. For example, when:
- the MLP
- is not suitable as an external assessment venue
- is a distance education provider*
- has students located across multiple campuses
- is affected by construction or excessive noise that makes it an unsuitable assessment venue
- a student
- is geographically isolated
- is representing Australia or their state in an official capacity at a sporting, academic or cultural event
- is currently residing outside Queensland
- has an illness or injury preventing them from attending their MLP.
*Students who are studying a subject/s through distance education, but the school of distance education is not their MLP, will sit their assessment at their MLP. A variation to venue is not required in this case.
Note: Events such as family holidays, birthdays or weddings are not valid reasons for a variation to venue application.
Applications should be submitted as early as possible after the release of the external assessment timetable and before
- Email email@example.com.
- Phone 1300 381 575
- See Senior External Examination: Information for adult students (candidates).