Invigilators play an important role in promoting public confidence in the Queensland Certificate of Education (QCE) system and ensuring that proper and fair administrative procedures are implemented.
The QCAA appoints members of the Queensland community as invigilators to observe and report on the administration of assessments. The invigilator role is independent; they are appointed to supervise proper administration of the assessments, not to supervise students or assist with any administration or assessment set-up tasks.
Applications for 2023 invigilator positions have closed
External assessments will be administered between Monday 23 October to Tuesday 14 November 2023.
How to apply
Read the information on invigilator duties and eligibility requirements for this year:
- Obtain your paid blue card from Blue Card Services or, if you are a teacher, provide your current Queensland College of Teachers registration details.
- If you have a QCAA Portal account, ensure you have your paid blue card/exemption card details or QCT registration details ready. Log in to the QCAA Portal using your account.
- If you are unsure if you have an account, email ClientServices@qcaa.qld.edu.au.
If you don't have an account, you will need to register online:
- If you are currently teaching at a school, you will need to register at www.qcaa.qld.edu.au/portal/home/landing/#/!/register
- If you are not attached to a school, you will need to register at www.qcaa.qld.edu.au/portal/home/landing/#/!/register-non-school
- Submit your application for a QCAA invigilator role via the Assessor Jobs app in the QCAA Portal.
You will receive a system confirmation email acknowledging that you have submitted your application.
If you are appointed to an invigilator position, the QCAA will email you appointment information in late August 2023. Unsuccessful applicants will be notified by email.
Need assistance? Please contact us by email at email@example.com or phone 1300 239 227.