Access keys let you move to different sections of a website or areas within a page using the numbers on your keyboard. We have defined the following access keys on our site:
- 0: Access keys help (this page)
- 1: Queensland Government Gateway
- 2: Queensland Curriculum and Assessment Authority home page
- 3: Site map
- 4: Contact us
- 5: Search keywords field.
Using access keys
Hold down Alt and press the access key number. Depending on your browser, you may need to press Enter to follow links.
Note: If you are using Mozilla Firefox version 2.0 or above, you will need to hold down Shift in addition to Alt.
Hold down Ctrl and press the access key number. Depending on your browser, you may need to press Return to follow links.
Other keyboard accessibility features
"Skip links" are provided at the beginning of a page to allow users of assistive technology (such as screen readers) to move quickly to key information, like the primary navigation, secondary navigation, or content. The links are not usually visible in a graphical browser.
Logical tab order
Each page has a logical tab order for navigating without a mouse. Most web browsers support the following keyboard functions:
- press Tab to move to the next link or field
- hold down Shift and press Tab to move backwards
- press Enter to follow links and submit forms.