This section contains information for health professionals writing medical reports to accompany AARA applications for students who have a disability, impairment and/or medical condition, or experience other circumstances that may be a barrier to their performance in assessment.
The QCAA provides a confidential medical report template (DOCX, 229.6 KB) that health professionals can use to complete their medical reports. Using the template is optional. Health professionals may use a different report format, as long as the reports provide:
- a diagnosis of the disability and/or medical condition
- a date of diagnosis
- a date of occurrence or onset of the disability and/or medical condition
- details of treatment or a course of action related to the disability and/or medical condition
- how the condition affects the student participating in assessment, particularly timed assessment
- professional recommendations and reasons for the AARA request/s.