Schools apply for AARA using the AARA application in the QCAA Portal.
- Identify students who are eligible for AARA and discuss barriers to assessment (functional impact/s), in consultation with students and parents/carers.
- Gather evidence of the student’s condition/illness/disability/difficulty, i.e. obtain information from school staff, the student and medical and health practitioners.
- Decide on appropriate AARA to address the functional impact/s of the student’s condition/circumstance in summative assessment. AARA requirements may vary with each subject.
- Determine whether the proposed AARA are:
- If applying for QCAA-approved AARA, prepare the required documents:
- Use the AARA application in the QCAA Portal to:
- report principal-reported AARA
- submit an application for QCAA-approved AARA.
- School staff can access quick-step guides to creating, editing and submitting applications, via the Help menu in the AARA application (app) in the QCAA Portal.
- Download the decision letter via the QCAA Portal, when notified that a decision has been made.
More informationSee Section 6.4 of the QCE and QCIA policy and procedures handbook for more information about applying for AARA.