Applying for verification of information
Students may ask the QCAA to check the results contained in their certificate and statement. This is called, requesting verification of information.
To request verification of their results, students will need to complete and submit the verification form via the Verification and reassessment tab in their learning account in the Student Portal by 15 January 2024.
If students require assistance, email VerificationReassessment@qcaa.qld.edu.au.
Verification of information procedures
The QCAA’s verification of information procedures rely on advice from schools and other learning providers. To verify a student’s results, the QCAA asks schools/learning providers to check that they have provided us with the correct information to be used to calculate the subject results recorded on the student’s statement.
The verification of information process is not an opportunity to request an additional review or reassessment of any of the three internal assessments that contributed to the final subject result. Only schools can request reviews of students’ internal assessment results, and this must occur during the confirmation process in the way prescribed by the QCAA in Section 9.6 of the QCE and QCIA policy and procedures handbook.
If there is any change to a student’s results, the QCAA will re-issue the student’s Senior Statement or Statement of Results, refund the application fee, and inform QTAC of the change. Where this occurs at the end of a school year, the QCAA may not finish its investigations until after schools resume at the end of January.
Under the Judicial Review Act 1991, a student dissatisfied with the decision on their application for verification of information can apply for a judicial review of the decision by the Supreme Court.
Reassessment of external assessment result
To apply for an external assessment reassessment, students will need to complete and submit the reassessment form via the Verification and reassessment tab in their learning account in the Student Portal by 15 January 2024.
If the QCAA changes the result awarded, it will:
- send the student a new Senior Statement or Statement of Results
- inform QTAC of the amended overall subject result
- refund the reassessment fee.
Students may apply to the QCAA to view their responses to external assessment or Senior External Examination papers. These papers (‘scripts’) include multiple-choice, short response and extended response.
Please note that:
- script inspections will take place in February 2024
- script inspections will take place at the student’s former school or at a place authorised by the QCAA. A QCAA staff member will contact the student to arrange a suitable date and time for the inspection
- the script/s will not show marks, markers’ notes or comments
- the student will be the only person allowed to inspect their scripts — they must bring photographic identification, e.g. driver licence or student card
- the student will not be allowed to:
- remove their script/s
- use the process of inspection to contest the grade they were awarded. If they wish to have their script reassessed, they will need to apply for a reassessment of external assessment in their learning account in the Student Portal by 15 January 2024.
- QCAA staff members and/or the person supervising the script inspection will not discuss the assessment of the scripts.