About Visual Art
Visual Art provides students with opportunities to understand and appreciate the role of visual art in past and present traditions and cultures, as well as the contributions of contemporary visual artists and their aesthetic, historical and cultural influences.
|Subject type||Assessment||QCE credits||Contributes to ATAR|
Internal assessment (75%)|
External assessment (25%)
|Up to 4||Yes|
What will students learn?
In studying Visual Art, students will learn about:
- art as lens
- art as code
- art as knowledge
- art as alternate.
How will students be assessed?
Students will complete the following assessments:
- investigation — inquiry phase 1 (15%)
- project — inquiry phase 2 (25%)
- project — inquiry phase 3 (35%)
- examination (25%).
Where can Visual Art lead?
Studying Visual Art can lead to:
- arts administration
- creative industries
- galleries and museums
- film and television
- public relations
- science and technology.
Email VisualArt@qcaa.qld.edu.au or phone (07) 3864 0328.
- Arts in Practice (2019)
- Dance (2019)
- Dance in Practice (2019)
- Drama (2019)
- Drama in Practice (2019)
- Film, Television & New Media (2019)
- Media Arts in Practice (2019)
- Music (2019)
- Music Extension (Composition) (2020)
- Music Extension (Musicology) (2020)
- Music Extension (Performance) (2020)
- Music in Practice (2019)
- Visual Art (2019)
- Visual Arts in Practice (2019)