About Modern History
Modern History provides opportunities for students to gain historical knowledge and understanding about some of the main forces that have contributed to the development of the Modern World and to think historically and form a historical consciousness in relation to these same forces.
|Subject type||Assessment||QCE credits||Contributes to ATAR|
|General||Internal assessment (75%)|
External assessment (25%)
|Up to 4||Yes|
What will students learn?
In studying Modern History, students will learn about:
- ideas in the Modern World
- movements in the Modern World
- national experiences in the Modern World
- international experiences in the Modern World.
How will students be assessed?
Students will complete the following assessments:
- examination — essay in response to historical sources (25%)
- investigation — independent source investigation (25%)
- investigation — historical essay based on research (25%)
- examination — short responses to historical sources (25%).
Where can Modern History lead?
Studying Modern History can lead to:
- the media
- strategic analysis.
Email HASS@qcaa.qld.edu.au or phone (07) 3120 6173.
- Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Studies (2019)
- Accounting (2019)
- Ancient History (2019)
- Business (2019)
- Business Studies (2019)
- Career Education (2018)
- Economics (2019)
- Geography (2019)
- Legal Studies (2019)
- Modern History (2019)
- Philosophy & Reason (2019)
- Religion & Ethics (2019)
- Social & Community Studies (2019)
- Study of Religion (2019)
- Tourism (2019)