To subscribe to the What’s new for NAPLAN RSS feed, copy and paste https://www.qcaa.qld.edu.au/naplan-rss-feed into Internet Explorer or your RSS feed reader of choice. See the RSS feeds help page for more information.
Check in here regularly for updates about 2024 NAPLAN test administration.
School staff can be notified of core NAPLAN information by subscribing to the NAPLAN QCAA memos for schools.
2024 NAPLAN marker applications are now open
3 October 2023
Applications are invited from practising Queensland teachers, and non-practising or retired teachers, from all areas of Queensland to mark in the 2024 NAPLAN writing test marking operation.
The benefits of marking include:
- gaining insight into how students respond to an ‘on demand’ writing task
- developing and improving expertise and skills as an assessor
- earning extra income for training and marking
- accruing CPD points for Queensland College of Teachers (QCT) registration renewal
- exposure to the marking operation quality assurance processes.
Marking starts on Tuesday 19 March 2024 and runs for approximately four weeks.
Applications close 10 November 2023.
More information, including the eligibility criteria and how to apply, is available in Marker information.
Principals are required to authorise shortlisted markers before an offer can be made. To complete this authorisation, a principal must be ‘confirmed’ in the QCAA Portal. Visit QCAA Portal for NAPLAN for more information on QCAA Portal roles.
NAPLAN update — July
5 July 2023
ACARA resources on changes to NAPLAN reporting
In preparation for reports being released in Term 3, ACARA have released further information on this year’s changes to NAPLAN reporting of student results.
Visit NAPLAN test reporting and analysis for links to these resources.
2024 Handbooks hard copy order form
The 2024 handbook for principals and NAPLAN coordinators and the 2024 test administration handbook for teachers will be released digitally at the end of the year. Schools also have the option to order printed copies of these handbooks. Schools are expected to receive their orders in early Term 1, 2024.
For further information and to make an order, visit NAPLAN test administration.
2024 NAPLAN dates
2 June 2023
The 2024 NAPLAN test window is Wednesday 13 March – Monday 25 March.
In planning for the scheduling of NAPLAN tests for 2024, schools should be aware of the following:
- All year levels must commence the writing test as the first test on Wednesday 13 March.
- Tests must be scheduled in the following order for all year levels: Writing > Reading > Conventions of language > Numeracy.
- Catch-ups for Year 3 writing must be completed by Monday 18 March.
- Catch-ups for all other test domains and year levels may be conducted until the closure of the test window.
- Practice tests can be scheduled in Term 1, 2024 in the Training environment.
ACARA will release further information on test scheduling later in the year.
New proficiency standards for NAPLAN
28 February 2023
On 10 February 2023 Education ministers agreed to change the way NAPLAN results are reported to parents and carers. The 10-band structure previously used in Individual Student Reports will be replaced with new proficiency standards, which will report on 4 levels of achievement.
You can read the ACARA’s official media release and see the NAPLAN proficiency standards FAQs on the National Assessment Program website .