Information and resources for schools to administer the NAPLAN tests in 2024.
2024 important NAPLAN information
Schools should be aware of the following information for NAPLAN 2024:
- The 2024 NAPLAN test window is Wednesday 13 March – Monday 25 March. Note testing will start on a Wednesday.
- All year levels must commence the writing test as the first test on Wednesday 13 March.
- Catch-ups for Year 3 writing must be completed by Monday 18 March.
- Catch-ups for other test domains and year levels may be conducted until the closure of the test window.
- QCAA-approved NAPLAN AARA for students requiring alternative formats for 2024 will be due in Term 4, 2023. All other QCAA-approved NAPLAN AARA are due in Term 1, 2024. QCAA will work with schools requiring adjustments for Year 7 students, and other students not yet enrolled, in Term 1, 2024.
- The NAP locked down browser is expected to be available for download from the Assessform website in late 2023. Previous versions of the NAP application should be uninstalled on all devices. Check the Online National Assessment Platform for updates. Schools are reminded to check that the current version of the NAP locked down browser is installed prior to testing NAPLAN tests.
- Practice tests can be scheduled in Term 1, 2024 in the Training environment.
The School checklist has key dates and information about important NAPLAN tasks and deadlines for schools. Schools must administer the tests in accordance with the nationally agreed test timetable.
Handbook for principals and NAPLAN coordinators
This handbook provides principals and NAPLAN coordinators with the information they need to administer NAPLAN at their school.
NAPLAN test administration handbook for teachers
This handbook provides schools with all the instructions they need to administer the 2024 NAPLAN tests.
Test administration handbook for practice tests
This Test administration handbook for practice tests is a shortened version of the NAPLAN test administration handbook for teachers to be used only for administering practice tests. It provides a condensed script and additional guidance on platform usage. It must not be used for administration of the NAPLAN tests in March.
Paper backup materials
Since Queensland schools have transitioned to online testing, schools will not receive backup paper test materials.
Schools will use the extended test window to reschedule tests when they experience technical difficulties.
QCAA will work with principals and sector representatives if a school's technical difficulties cannot be resolved within the extended test window.
Year 3 writing
Year 3 writing is conducted as a paper test. Principals and NAPLAN coordinators should be familiar with the national protocols information specific to Year 3 writing.
Test administrators will use the specific instructions in the 2024 NAPLAN Years 3, 5, 7 & 9 Test Administration Handbook for Teachers to administer this as a paper test.