QKLG 2018 review
The QKLG 2018 is being revised. While the revision is in progress, teachers and services will continue to implement the QKLG 2018.
Teachers create a quality kindergarten program when they combine the advice in the QKLG with:
- their professional knowledge and understanding about children’s strengths, interests, ideas and needs
- family and community priorities and contexts.
The QKLG provides specific advice to support kindergarten teachers to:
- make informed decisions to promote and enrich children’s holistic learning and development
- build respectful relationships with family, community and professional partners
- promote children’s agency, wellbeing and ongoing learning
- interact with children to guide the learning focus
- assess children’s learning and development
- communicate with children, families and professional partners about progress
- build connections between children’s prior, current and future learning experiences to promote continuity of learning.