School RTOs can only deliver units of competency when they are listed in their scope of registration for a particular qualification.
To add a unit of competency to a VET qualification:
- check if it meets the Training.gov.au packaging rules.
- check if your school RTO has qualified trainers and assessors to deliver the unit.
- check if your school RTO will need to arrange resources for delivery or make third party delivery arrangements.
- log in to the QCAA Portal
- complete the ‘Add units’ activity in the VET app.
A QCAA officer will review the completed application. They will:
- approve the application if it meets packaging rules, is low risk, and includes all required information
- reject the application if it does not meet packaging rules
- request clarification of provided evidence if required.
Once you receive notification that the unit has been added to scope:
- review the 'offered' box in the VET app for each of the qualification’s units
- tick the 'offered' box only for units listed in the TAS document.
Note: Units without a tick in the 'offered' box will not be available for student enrolment.
Note: If your RTO needs to arrange for a third party to deliver one or more units, you will need to organise a third-party agreement with them and advise the QCAA using the Notification of change to organisational details form in the School Portal, which can be accessed via the QCAA Portal.