Which schools are eligible to become RTOs?
To be eligible to become an RTO, a school must:
- be in Queensland
- only deliver VET to Years 10–12 students
- be able to meet the Standards for RTOs 2015
- have training and assessment strategies for all proposed VET qualifications
- have capacity to engage trainers and assessors suitable to deliver qualifications
- have assessment tools that meet the requirements of the Standards
- have management systems and data reporting capacity to ensure compliance at all times.
Note: Non-school RTOs must apply to ASQA for RTO registration.
Which qualifications can school RTOs deliver?
School RTOs can deliver and assess vocational education and training for all qualifications and accredited courses up to AQF Certificate IV level (except those declared as an apprenticeship in Queensland).