The Standards require that school RTOs:
- ensure their trainers and assessors have vocational competency
- ensure their training and assessment practices and resources reflect current industry standards
- keep verifiable records that industry representatives have endorsed the industry relevance of the school RTO’s strategies and practices.
To ensure that your school RTO complies with current industry standards:
- engage industry representatives who have skills and experience relevant to the qualification you need to endorse
Note: You will need to engage two industry representatives for Certificates I and II and three or more industry representatives for Certificates III and above.
- have the industry representatives analyse your qualification strategy and practices and make recommendations in accordance with Section 7 of the TAS
- using the comment boxes provided in the TAS, summarise the industry representatives’ feedback and recommendations and outline elements you have incorporated into your practices
- keep verifiable records that industry representatives have given feedback on and endorsed your school RTO's strategies, e.g. keep records of emails or phone conversations in the TAS.