About Ancient History
Ancient History provides opportunities for students to study people, societies and civilisations of the past, from the development of the earliest human communities to the end of the Middle Ages.
|Subject type||Assessment||QCE credits||Contributes to ATAR|
Internal assessment (75%)|
External assessment (25%)
|Up to 4||Yes|
What will students learn?
In studying Ancient History, students will learn about:
- investigating the Ancient World
- personalities in their time
- reconstructing the Ancient World
- people, power and authority.
How will students be assessed?
Students will complete the following assessments:
- examination — essay in response to historical sources (25%)
- investigation — independent source investigation (25%)
- investigation — historical essay based on research (25%)
- examination — short responses to historical sources (25%).
Where can Ancient History lead?
Studying Ancient History can lead to:
- the media
- health and social sciences
Email AncientHistory@qcaa.qld.edu.au or phone (07) 3864 0262.
- Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Studies (2019)
- Accounting (2019)
- Ancient History (2019)
- Business (2019)
- Business Studies (2019)
- Career Education (2018)
- Economics (2019)
- Geography (2019)
- Legal Studies (2019)
- Modern History (2019)
- Philosophy & Reason (2019)
- Religion & Ethics (2019)
- Social & Community Studies (2019)
- Study of Religion (2019)
- Tourism (2019)