About Music Extension
Music Extension provides an opportunity for students with specific abilities in music to extend their expertise.
|Subject type||Assessment||QCE credits||Contributes to ATAR|
Internal assessment (75%)|
External assessment (25%)
|Up to 4||Yes|
What will students learn?
In studying Music Extension, students will:
- investigate music concepts and ideas relevant to their specialisation.
How will students be assessed?
Students will complete the following assessments:
- performance 1 (20%)
- performance 2 (20%)
- performance project (35%)
- examination — extended response (25%).
Where can Music Extension lead?
Studying Music Extension can lead to:
- arts administration
- creative industries
- public relations
- science and technology.
Email MusicExtension@qcaa.qld.edu.au or phone (07) 3864 0291.
- Arts in Practice (2019)
- Dance (2019)
- Dance in Practice (2019)
- Drama (2019)
- Drama in Practice (2019)
- Film, Television & New Media (2019)
- Media Arts in Practice (2019)
- Music (2019)
- Music Extension (Composition) (2020)
- Music Extension (Musicology) (2020)
- Music Extension (Performance) (2020)
- Music in Practice (2019)
- Visual Art (2019)
- Visual Arts in Practice (2019)