About Visual Arts in Practice
Visual Arts in Practice focuses on students engaging in art-making processes and making virtual or physical visual artworks. Visual artworks are created for a purpose and in response to individual, group or community needs.
|Subject type||Assessment||QCE credits||Contributes to ATAR|
|Applied||Internal assessment 100%||Up to 4||Only 1 may contribute when combined with 4 General subjects|
What will students learn?
In studying Visual Arts in Practice, students will learn about:
- visual mediums, technologies and techniques
- visual literacies and contexts
- artwork realisation.
How will students be assessed?
Students will complete the following assessments:
- extended response
Where can Visual Arts in Practice lead?
Studying Visual Arts in Practice can lead to:
- game design
- make-up artistry
- visual merchandising.
Email VisualArtsPractice@qcaa.qld.edu.au or phone (07) 3864 0328.
- Arts in Practice (2019)
- Dance (2019)
- Dance in Practice (2019)
- Drama (2019)
- Drama in Practice (2019)
- Film, Television & New Media (2019)
- Media Arts in Practice (2019)
- Music (2019)
- Music Extension (Composition) (2020)
- Music Extension (Musicology) (2020)
- Music Extension (Performance) (2020)
- Music in Practice (2019)
- Visual Art (2019)
- Visual Arts in Practice (2019)