Category 3: Multimodal presentation (Apartheid)
This sample has been compiled by the QCAA to help teachers plan and develop assessment instruments for individual school settings. The assessment instrument provides opportunities for students to demonstrate the following criteria:
- Planning and using a historical research process
- Forming historical knowledge through critical inquiry
- Communicating historical knowledge
This sample is an indicative response to a Year 11 Category 3 instrument. The extracts demonstrate particular qualities of student work at a B standard. While these extracts may be matched to aspects of the B-standard descriptors, when making judgments about student work teachers need to make on-balance judgments about the whole response and the match to standards descriptors.
Before viewing the response
Ensure you read the assessment instrument and related information using the link below.
The links below are to short extracts from the indicative response. They are annotated to show the qualities of work that match aspects of the B standard.
- Criterion 1: Planning (PDF, 128 kB)
- Criterion 1: Note-taking (PDF, 167 kB)
- Criterion 1: Reflections (PDF, 120 kB)
- Criterion 2: Artwork and rationale (PDF, 296 kB)
- Criterion 3: Artwork and rationale (PDF, 298 kB)
The QCAA acknowledges the contribution of Boonah State High School in the preparation of these documents.