This sample has been compiled by the QCAA to help teachers plan and develop assessment instruments for individual school settings. The assessment instrument provides opportunities for students to demonstrate the dimensions:
- Knowledge and communication
- Design and development
- Implementation and evaluation.
This sample contains student responses to a task. The responses demonstrate particular qualities of student work at Standard A. Some of the responses are extracts from the complete response.
Before viewing the response
Ensure you read the assessment instrument and related information using the link below.
The links below are the components of the student response. They are all annotated to show the qualities of work that match Standard A descriptors.
- Design response: Standard A (PDF, 834 kB)
The design document contains information about research, client negotiation, concepts and story board.
- Development response: Standard A (PDF, 2111 kB)
The development response contains information about log book, site map/flowchart, ActionScript 2 coding/timeline authoring, Gantt chart and client documentation (technical and user)
- Evaluation response: Standard A (PDF, 1412 kB)
The evaluation response document contains information on peer feedback, child observation, CIPP.
The A-standard student product matches the following descriptors:
- coherent and clear communication of concepts, principles and design processes using mode, genre and language conventions discerningly.
Notes on the response
Genre and language conventions of a game-style learning object for children aged 4-5 years are used discerningly to communicate concepts, including the use of:
- age-appropriate characters
- simple sentences
- cartoon-style speech bubbles
- a range of colours, font sizes and styles
- visual and auditory modes to transmit the message (audio not included due to copyright on background music).
The QCAA acknowledges the contribution of Brisbane Girls Grammar School in the preparation of these documents. The samples presented are a series of extracts from a student response. The sample demonstrates the Standard A descriptors from the Knowledge and communication and Implementation and evaluation dimensions.