Professional development package
This professional development package supports schools to build teachers' capabilities to implement the Guideline for individual learning (GIL) with senior secondary students working towards the Queensland Certificate of Individual Achievement (QCIA).
It supports two delivery formats:
- a series of three one-hour workshops
- a half-day workshop.
From 2016, all new QCIA curriculum plans will be developed using the GIL .
Part 1: Developing QCIA curriculum plans
- know and understand how to use the curriculum framework provided by the GIL
- use the GIL to develop an individualised QCIA curriculum plan.
Part 2: Planning for teaching and learning
- know and understand how to use students' QCIA curriculum plans to plan for teaching and learning experiences
- explore possible templates for planning teaching and learning experiences.
Part 3: Assessing student learning
- know and understand how to use students' QCIA curriculum plans to plan for assessment
- examine a range of assessment techniques
- examine ways of gathering and recording evidence of student learning.
- Professional development to support implementation of the Guideline for individual learning: Participant booklet — for electronic use (DOCX, 206.0 KB)