Various professional, government and other organisations provide recognition services for interstate and overseas qualifications. Their involvement depends on the type of qualification and the purpose of the recognition. This page provides information on the QCAA 's recognition service, as well as contacts for other agencies.
QCAA recognition service
The QCAA provides Education Statements for completed school qualifications that have been awarded by recognised interstate or overseas institutions. The statements give the general Queensland primary- or secondary-school level equivalent of the submitted qualifications.
This service is provided primarily for employment and recruitment purposes only. For further study services, see the list of contacts below.
The QCAA cannot assess incomplete studies, individual subjects or grades.
Links to other recognition services
Please contact the relevant agency for more information.
|Entry to tertiary/further study, some job applications||Queensland Tertiary Admissions Centre or the relevant institution|
|Overseas tertiary qualifications, vocational, paraprofessional qualifications||Overseas Qualifications Unit (OQU), Department of Education and Training|
|Migrant Skills Recognition Service||Migrant skills recognition|
|Teacher registration||Queensland College of Teachers|
|Technical skills for migration to Australia||Department of Immigration and Border Protection|
How to apply to the QCAA
- Read carefully and complete:
Interactive forms require Acrobat Reader 8 or later. If the form does not open in the browser, right-click the link to save the PDF to your computer. Then, open the form from your computer.
See help for more details or visit Acrobat Help from Adobe.
- Supply certified photocopies of:
- your final qualification (e.g. certificate or diploma) in its original language if not in English and an English translation
- proof of identity (current Australian driver licence or current passport or birth certificate, with an English translation if not in English)
- proof of name change (e.g. marriage certificate or change of name certificate, with an English translation if not in English).
All photocopies must be certified by a Justice of the Peace or a Commissioner for Declarations (see Finding a JP on the Department of Justice and Attorney-General website).
English translations must be from services that are accredited by the National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters (see their online directory).
- Arrange payment of $31.95 for interstate qualifications or $55.95 for overseas qualifications by credit card, cheque or money order (made out to the Queensland Curriculum and Assessment Authority).
- Post your completed application form, certified documents and payment to Queensland Curriculum and Assessment Authority, PO Box 307, Spring Hill, Qld 4004.
The QCAA does not hold face-to-face interviews for this service.
Do not send cash or original documents. The QCAA may charge postage to return originals to you.
How long will it take to process my request?
Statements are available for posting or collecting within seven working days after receipt of your correctly completed application.