The suites of videos presented below provide information about how to design and construct multiple-choice, short–response, and extended-response items.
These videos are intended for use for professional development by enhancing teachers' capacity to develop valid and reliable school-based assessment instruments.
These videos are pre-production versions for schools seeking early access to information about design of assessment items.
Downloadable versions for viewing offline are provided. To download, right-click on a link and select "Save Target/Link As...".
- Download: Item construction: Multiple choice (MP4, 9 MB; 2min 17sec)
- Download: Item construction: Short responses (MP4, 20 MB; 5min 07sec)
- Download: Item construction: Extended responses (MP4, 21 MB; 5min 27sec)
- Transcript of Item construction: Multiple choice (PDF, 78 kB)
- Transcript of Item construction: Short responses (PDF, 70 kB)
- Transcript of Item construction: Extended responses (PDF, 79 kB)