Schools are required to retain folios of student work used in determining exit levels of achievement.
Reasons for retaining student work
Evidence contained in student exit folios is used:
- to support school exit level of achievement decisions
- for quality assurance purposes.
Folios of evidence may be required for:
- the November confirmation period to substantiate school exit level of achievement decisions
- applications for verification or review of results requested by students in Authority and Authority-registered subjects
- internal and external reviews of QCAA short courses (for external reviews, schools will present a sample folio for each short course offered).
What you need to do
Put procedures in place to:
- retain all student work used in determining exit levels of achievement in Authority subjects, Authority-registered subjects and QCAA short courses until the end of Term 1 of the year following student completion
- retain one sample student folio for each QCAA short course offered until the next external review.
For more information about retaining student work, please email the Quality Assurance Unit at email@example.com or phone (07) 3864 0375.