This page provides links to QCS Test administration resources and to the QCS Test administration database. It is intended primarily for chief supervisors of test centres but may be of use to other school personnel.
A test centre is an approved venue where there are students sitting the test, usually a Queensland secondary school.
See the Key dates page.
QCS Test administration database (CommReps)
The QCS Test administration database is used by chief supervisors to manage their community representative nominations. It also gives information on the movement of test materials and access to the corrections instructions.
Test administration forms and documents
- Application to vary the location of the test centre (DOCX, 114.7 KB)
- Students sitting at an alternative test centre (DOCX, 117.1 KB)
- Calculator declaration - available mid-July
- Directions for Administration (DFA) - available mid-July
- Instructions to students - available mid-July
- Seating plan - available mid-July
The chief supervisor is the principal of a school that is a test centre. However, the principal may delegate the chief supervisor’s responsibilities to another member of the permanent teaching staff.
The chief supervisor is responsible for the conduct of the QCS Test, the security of the test materials while at the test centre and the completion of the test centre's administrative duties.
The chief supervisor nomination process will open in February 2018.
- Memo 004/18 Senior secondary: 2018 QCS Test - Chief supervisor nomination
- Chief supervisor responsibilities (PDF, 104.9 KB)
The chief supervisor selects supervisors from the teaching staff of the school that is a test centre to:
- administer the test
- supervise students during the test.
See the Special provision for the QCS Test page for more information about the availability of special provision.
See the QCS Test publications page.
Chief community representatives
Two chief community representatives are appointed to every test centre. Each chief community representative is required to:
- keep custody of the key for the cases that will contain secure test materials
- make sure that the secure test materials are received in accordance with instructions given by the QCAA
- unlock and lock all cases
- assist with checking all secure materials
- be an independent observer and report to the QCAA on the administration of the test
- ensure accountability
- supervise community representatives during the administration of the test.
The chief community representative nomination process will open in March 2018.
Community representatives are appointed to test centres with more than 150 students sitting the test to:
- work under the supervision of the chief community representative
- observe the administration of the test
- report any concerns about the administration of the test to a chief community representative
- ensure accountability.
The community representative nomination process will open in March 2018.
Resources for chief community representatives and community representatives
- Position information: Community representatives (PDF, 213.3 KB)
- Application: Community representative (PDF, 194.5 KB)
Video for QCS Test supervisors and community representatives
This short video clarifies the roles and responsibilities of key personnel involved in the administration of the QCS Test.
Downloadable versions for viewing offline are provided. To download, right-click on a link and select "Save Target/Link As...".
For more information, please email the QCAA or phone (07) 3864 0227.