This page provides links to test administration resources and to the QCS Test administration database. It is intended primarily for chief supervisors of test centres and may be of use to other school personnel.
A test centre is an approved venue where there are students sitting the test, usually a Queensland secondary school.
See Key dates New .
QCS Test administration database
The QCS Test administration database is used by chief supervisors to manage their community representative nominations. It also gives information on the movement of test materials and access to the corrections instructions.
Test administration forms and documents
Forms for the 2017 test will be added as they become available.
The chief supervisor is the principal of a school that is a test centre. However, the principal may delegate the chief supervisor’s responsibilities to another member of the permanent teaching staff.
The chief supervisor is responsible for the conduct of the test, the security of the test materials while at the test centre and for completing the test centre's administrative duties.
The chief supervisor selects supervisors from the teaching staff of the school that is a test centre to:
- administer the test
- supervise students during the test.
See Special provisions.
Chief community representatives
Two chief community representatives are appointed to every test centre. Each chief community representative is required to observe and report on the conduct of the test and to:
- keep custody of the key for the cases
- make sure that the secure test materials are received in accordance with instructions given by the QCAA
- unlock and lock all cases
- assist with checking all secure materials
- be independent observers and report to the QCAA on the administration of the test
- ensure accountability
- supervise community representatives during the administration of the test.
The chief community representative nomination process will open in March 2017. Further information and documentation will be added as it becomes available.
Community representatives are appointed to test centres with more than 150 students sitting the test to:
- work under the supervision of the chief community representative
- observe the administration of the test
- report to a chief community representative any concerns about the administration of the test
- ensure accountability.
The community representative nomination process will open in March 2017. Further information and documentation will be added as soon as it becomes available.
Video for QCS Test supervisors and community representatives
This short video clarifies the roles and responsibilities of key personnel involved in the administration of the QCS Test.
Downloadable versions for viewing offline are provided. To download, right-click on a link and select "Save Target/Link As...".
Please email us or phone (07) 3864 0227.