Queensland schools continue to plan, teach, assess and report using the F(P)–10 Australian Curriculum for English, Mathematics, Science, History, and Geography.
The following Phase 3 Australian Curriculum F(P)–10 learning areas are available for use:
- The Arts
- Health and Physical Education
- Civics and Citizenship
- Economics and Business
Teachers continue to use the Queensland Early Years Curriculum Guidelines to plan, teach, assess and report on early learning areas where the Australian Curriculum is not yet available for implementation.
The Early Years Curriculum Guidelines (EYCG) provide teachers with a framework for interacting with children, and planning, assessing and reflecting on an effective Preparatory Year curriculum.
The guidelines are based on active learning for children through real-life situations, investigation and play. They incorporate descriptions of 4 early learning and development phases to help teachers to monitor children's progress and preparedness for Year 1.
For an introduction to the guidelines, please read about the Preparatory Year and the:
The guidelines can be downloaded below.
- Early Years Curriculum Guidelines (PDF, 2572 kB)
- Early Years Curriculum Guidelines (text only version) (PDF, 465 kB)
The following resources support the EYCG.
This booklet helps teachers use the EYCG to make judgments about children's learning.
Some of these documents are formatted for A3: you may need to print to a different page size
- The birthday party (PDF, 813 kB)
- The circus (PDF, 1016 kB)
- Developing an early years philosophy (PDF, 686 kB)
- Developing technology understandings (PDF, 736 kB)
- Encouraging social and personal learning (PDF, 670 kB)
- Fathers' night (PDF, 929 kB)
- Following play (PDF, 1207 kB)
- Friendly Street (PDF, 648 kB)
- Happy Valley (PDF, 1717 kB)
- Introducing Prep to Ubobo State School (PDF, 635 kB)
- Looking at art and becoming artists (PDF, 568 kB)
- Making and using digital folios (PDF, 533 kB)
- Media literacies (PDF, 146 kB)
- Using blocks (PDF, 1294 kB)
- A week on Badu Island (PDF, 1097 kB)
Information for parents and staff
- Presentation for staff (PPT, 2275 kB)
- Presentation for parents (PPT, 929 kB)
- Welcome to Prep: Brochure for parents and carers of Indigenous children (PDF, 632 kB)
- Parent brochure (colour, A3 format) (PDF, 1485 kB)
- Parent brochure (greyscale) (PDF, 1141 kB)
Learning and teaching
- A day in the life of a Prep class (PDF, 345 kB)
- A day in the life of a multi-age class (PDF, 346 kB)
- Developing early mathematical understandings (PDF, 356 kB)
- Health and physical learning (PDF, 2498 kB)
- Language learning and communication (PDF, 323 kB)
- Learning about technology (PDF, 256 kB)
- Multi-age learning and teaching (PDF, 210 kB)
- Negotiating curriculum (PDF, 223 kB)
- Reflecting on my teaching practices (PDF, 266 kB)
Monitoring and assessing
- Checklist of learning statements (A3 format) (DOCX, 31 kB)
- Early learning record (ELR) template 1 (DOCX, 34 kB)
- Early learning record (ELR) template 2 (DOCX, 35 kB)
- Early learning record (ELR) ESL version template (DOCX, 37 kB)
- Early learning record (ELR) optional cover (DOCX, 38 kB)
- Folio shell (PPT, 998 kB)
- Folio shell (DOCX, 51 kB)
- Learning statement rubrics (DOCX, 29 kB)
- Learning statement rubrics (ESL) (DOCX, 35 kB)
- Learning statement rubrics linked to Level 2 (DOCX, 35 kB)