The Queensland kindergarten learning guideline (QKLG) 2018 is being revised to:
- align with the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) V2.0
- cater for three-year-olds accessing early education and care in kindergarten.
See memo 070/23 (PDF, 164.7 KB) for more information.
While the revision is in progress, teachers and services will continue to implement the QKLG 2018. They can be confident they are using a contemporary guideline that supports quality practice and broadly connects to the EYLF V2.0.
The following document highlights the connections between the QKLG and EYLF V2.0, including the key updates to the EYLF V2.0 and how they are broadly represented in the QKLG 2018.
QKLG review timeline
- Research, stakeholder consultation and drafting
- Drafting revisions
- March–April: Public consultation on draft QKLG
- Approval from QCAA Board for revised QKLG
Register now for QKLG consultation events around Queensland and online.
- The revised QKLG will be published to the QCAA website.
- Support will be provided by QCAA to understand the changes to the QKLG and prepare for implementation.
- Services will implement the revised QKLG.