Intentional teaching is an active process and a way of relating to children that embraces and builds on their strengths. It involves educators being deliberate, purposeful and thoughtful in their decisions and actions.
QKLG Professional development resources
Intentional teaching practices
- An academic's perspective (AV)
- Intentional teaching in action: Camping at kindergarten (AV)
- So many possibilities (AV)
- Teacher decision making in kindergarten (AV)
- Case study: The Art studio (PPT, 738.5 KB)
Learning and development areas
The kindergarten learning and development areas and the related broad outcomes help teachers to engage in intentional teaching to build concepts and dispositions that are vital for future success.