Children and teachers collaborate to study present and past family life using the context of constructing a history box using digital or other media.
Using the sources from the history box, children investigate the key inquiry questions:
- How can we show that the present is different from or similar to the past?
- How do we describe the sequence of time?
On completion of the history box, children answer questions about the objects and/or the events they represent and sequence the objects from the history box to show the passing of time. They create a short historical narrative (oral) based on the sequence of objects using terms that relate to past, present and future.
- Teacher guidelines (includes cover page)
- Task-specific standards: Continua
- Task-specific standards: Matrix
- Assessment resource: Example of a recording device to gather evidence
- Assessment resource: Question starter grid
- Assessment resource: Omar's history box
Download the full assessment (contains the documents as Word files):