The QCAA's P–6 assessment literacy professional learning courses and leaders' toolkit are accessed via the QCAA Portal and are designed to:
- build teachers' assessment literacy in the context of the Australian Curriculum
- help teachers make reliable and comparable judgments about student work
- support student learning through quality assessment practices
- support school leaders to facilitate teacher engagement with the courses in their school context.
These resources are research-based and informed by feedback from teachers and school leaders.
The seven self-paced courses are suitable for teachers at any stage of their career:
- Developing quality assessment
- Designing and constructing assessment tasks
- Creating and using marking guides
- Providing accessible assessment
- Quality assurance and effective planning
- Using feedback
- Making meaning from assessment data.
Each course takes approximately one hour to complete and features activities, exemplars, reflective practice questions and conversation starters.
By finishing the courses and participating in the associated activities, teachers and leaders can develop their assessment knowledge, understanding and skills. The courses can contribute to the continuing professional development (CPD) requirements for Queensland College of Teachers (QCT) registration renewal. A certificate is generated on completion of each course.
The leaders' toolkit can be accessed by course facilitators through the Noticeboard application in the QCAA Portal and includes:
- a suggested staged plan for leading and supporting staff to complete the courses
- overviews for professional learning sessions
- slideshows, which introduce the courses and facilitate professional conversations and activities
- a reflective learning journal for staff to complete in conjunction with the courses.
Access the courses
The online courses are available via the Learning Hub application in the QCAA Portal.
School staff will need a QCAA Portal account. Users can access the courses and toolkit once they have been assigned the Learning Hub: P–6 Training Participant role by the school's Access Management Organisation Administrator.
If your school does not have an Organisation Administrator, your school will need to submit a request to the QCAA for staff members to be allocated this role.