Image source: QCAA
Children investigate their family history and use drawings about, and photographs and objects from, their family history. They share their family history to identify similarities and differences between families. They relate their family history and respond to collaboratively developed questions in an interview.
- Teacher guidelines (includes cover page)
- Task-specific standards: Continua
- Task-specific standards: Matrix
- Assessment resource: Question starter grid
- Assessment resource: Example of a recording device to gather evidence in comparing family structures
- Assessment resource: Sample parents/carers letter
- Assessment resource: Example of a family history journal
Download the full assessment (contains the documents as Word files):
This suite of videos provides an example of how one teacher has implemented this assessment. These five videos demonstrate the entire process from preparing for the assessment to reflecting on its success.