Curriculum, assessment and reporting
Australian Curriculum in Queensland (ACiQ)
The Australian Curriculum: Mathematics is endorsed. The Queensland Curriculum and Assessment Authority has developed advice, guidelines and resources incorporating the Australian Curriculum.
The Mathematics: Australian Curriculum in Queensland (ACiQ) brings together the learning area advice and guidelines for curriculum planning, assessment and reporting in a single document.
The Australian Curriculum content and achievement standards are the mandatory aspects of the Australian Curriculum.
Time allocation for Year 7 Mathematics
Minimum hours for teaching, learning and assessment for the Australian Curriculum Year 7 Mathematics are:
- at least 111 hours per year where there are 37 teaching weeks available in the year
- at least 120 hours per year where there are 40 teaching weeks available in the year.
Frequently used resources
These resources assist teachers to plan, teach and assess using the Australian Curriculum: Mathematics.
For additional resources including videos, to support teachers see Australian Curriculum professional topics.
Please note the Standard elaborations have been updated to align with Version 8 of the Australian Curriculum. You are invited to provide feedback about the draft Standard elaborations. Please send your feedback to email@example.com.
- Year 7 sample assessment: Refreshing drinks
The assessment gathers evidence about how well students demonstrate their Understanding, Fluency and Problem solving when using the concept of ratio to represent ratios in a variety of ways, to adapt a recipe for a larger or smaller quantity, and to communicate the mathematical steps involved.
- Year 7 plan: Mathematics exemplar (DOCX, 234 kB)
- Year 7 unit overview: Mathematics exemplar (DOCX, 369 kB)
- Prep to Year 10 year level plan: Mathematics template (DOT, 296 kB)
- Prep to Year 10 unit overview: Mathematics template (DOT, 416 kB)
Multiple year planning
- Prep to Year 7 year plan for multiple year levels: Mathematics exemplar (DOCX, 329 kB)
- Prep to Year 7 unit overview: Mathematics exemplar (DOCX, 401 kB)
- Year plan for multiple year levels: Mathematics template (DOT, 669 kB)
- Unit overview for multiple year levels: Mathematics template (DOT, 483 kB)