The P–10 Planning app in the QCAA Portal gives schools a fast and efficient way to plan effectively for Version 9.0 of the Australian Curriculum across all year levels and learning areas.
Teachers will save time using the app's unique functionality, including:
- Auto-populated year level/band curriculum and assessment plans, assessment tasks and marking guides based on school curriculum decisions and user inputs.
- Direct mapping to achievement standards and content descriptions — promoting strong alignment between the Australian Curriculum v9.0, what is taught and what is assessed.
- Free-text fields and in-built editing features designed to tailor plans and assessment tasks to a cohort's unique context.
- Consistent language and formatting in all templates across the school.
- In-app review and approval process for quality assurance.
- Built-in linkage to the QCAA's extensive suite of evidence-based advice and resources — ensuring quality design practices are followed by all staff.
- An easily-accessible repository for a school's year level/band plans and assessments that can be quickly revisited and revised throughout the year by staff.
Access the app
Follow the steps below to gain access to the app.
Step one: Register
You will need to register for a QCAA Portal account if you don't already have one.
Step two: Role assignment
Contact your school’s Access Management Organisation Administrator for a P–10 Planning app role to be assigned to you, as these roles are not automatically granted. You will receive a confirmation email from the QCAA Portal once this role has been assigned to you.
If you do not know who your school’s Organisation Administrator is, please contact QCAA Client Services by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (07) 3864 0299.
P-10 Planning app roles:
- Teacher — create, view and print one's own plans and assessment tasks. Approve plans and assessment tasks allocated to them by other users.
- Application Administrator — the same functionality as Teacher role with additional administrative privileges such as allocating subjects and year levels to schools, and editing and deleting plans created by other users in the school.
Note: If your school does not have an Access Management Organisation Administrator, the school will need to submit a request for staff members to be allocated this role.
Step three: Access
Once the relevant role has been assigned to you, the P–10 Planning app tile will appear on your QCAA Portal homepage when you log in. Click on the tile to access the app and start planning.
Note: the Application Administrator is required to configure the relevant year levels and learning areas/subjects for the school in the P–10 Planning app first before teachers can commence planning.
To access the user guides and frequently asked questions document when using the P-10 Planning app, please click on the Help link available in the app