Please note: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander viewers are advised that this video may contain names, images or voices of people who have died.
The purpose of this professional learning is to create an opportunity for teachers to view examples in practice of ways to embed Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander perspectives in lower secondary Home Economics, particularly in a food/nutrition context.
- Prior to viewing the video, print and read the following resources:
- Building relationships with local communities (PDF, 362.4 KB)
Presents a flowchart of how to engage with local community and how to access information on consultation protocols.
- Dialogue circles (PDF, 60.1 KB)
Describes the process of using dialogue circles as a teaching and learning strategy to build respectful relationships, learn from a collective group and to preserve and pass on cultural knowledge.
- Embedding Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander perspectives: Planning framework (PDF, 48.6 KB)
This tool can be used to consider Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander protocols and processes.
- View the video
- After viewing the video, use the planning framework, and considering your local context, identify and describe specific examples for each Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander process and approach.
Transcript and video
- Transcript: Embedding Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander perspectives (PDF, 41.7 KB)
- Embedding Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander perspectives (MP4, 13.8 MB)
To download and view offline, right-click on a link and select 'Save target/link as ...'