This professional learning provides examples of curriculum connections between prior-to-school learning and learning in Prep.
Transcript and video
To download and view offline, right-click on a link and select 'Save target/link as ...'
Professional learning activity
- Print the two resources below.
- Watch the video: A told story.
- Using the resource Australian Curriculum: English, highlight the curriculum connections you observe between kindergarten and Australian Curriculum: English.
- Watch the video: Preparing for a retell.
- Identify the pedagogical approaches and curriculum connections you observe.
- How can you apply these in your context?
Recommended time: 1 hour
Australian Curriculum: Foundation Year English
To generate and print the current Australian Curriculum: Foundation Year English document
- go to www.australiancurriculum.edu.au/download/f10
- select the parameters you wish to include, e.g.
- Learning areas and subjects: English
- Year level: Foundation Year
- Curriculum elements: Year level / band descriptions, Content descriptions, Achievement standards
- choose your preferred output and click the button: Download Word or Download PDF.
Your document will be generated with the version number and date captured in the footer.
Recognition of your professional learning
These professional learning activities provide opportunities for teachers to observe examples of practice in kindergarten and Prep settings to consider continuity of curriculum and pedagogies in the early years.
They support teachers to meet elements of Standards 1, 2, 3 and 4 of the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers.