About the new QCE system
Queensland introduced the new QCE system in 2019, starting with Year 11 students. Key features include:
- new and redeveloped senior syllabuses
- external assessment in General subjects
- new quality assurance processes to strengthen the quality and comparability of school-based assessment
- the introduction of the Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR).
See Developing the new QCE system for background information about the introduction of the new QCE system, including syllabus redevelopment and external assessment, endorsement, and confirmation trials.
Resources for students and parents
- myQCE website
The gateway to the new QCE system for Years 10–12 students.
- The new QCE system brochure (PDF, 1.4 MB)
A guide for parents of students completing Year 12 from 2020.
- QCE resources for school communities
To support understanding of the new QCE system including QCE requirements.
- Introducing Queensland's new senior assessment system: From syllabus to subject result (PDF, 798.2 KB)
Information about the new QCE system, including information about key changes, new syllabuses, school-based assessment, external assessment and ratification of subject results.
- Senior assessment and tertiary entrance in Queensland (PDF, 772.2 KB)
A comparison of the new and previous systems.
- Why senior schooling in Queensland is changing (AV)
A video about the new QCE system.
- From syllabus to subject to result (AV)
A video providing an overview of the processes that underpin the new QCE system.