Subject Area Syllabuses will replace Study Area Specifications for Authority-registered subjects.
The revision of Study Area Specifications as Subject Area Syllabuses has removed the embedded Vocational Education and Training (VET) certificates and competencies included in Approaches A and C. Subject Area Syllabuses have been modelled on and developed from Approach B of Study Area Specifications.
Authority-registered subjects contribute four credits towards the Queensland Certificate of Education (QCE) when successfully completed. Results in these subjects are not used in the calculation of Overall Positions (OPs) and Field Positions (FPs).
Schools were advised about the development of Subject Area Syllabuses in the following memos:
- Memo 041/15 New Subject Area Syllabuses (SASes) (PDF, 91 kB)
- Memo 047/14 Publication of Subject Area Syllabuses to replace Study Area Specifications (PDF, 125 kB)
- Memo 063/13 Revision of Study Area Specifications (SASes) (PDF, 203 kB)
These videos provide a general overview of the Subject Area Syllabuses. They form the pre-requisite learning necessary to participate in subject specific professional development to support the implementation of Subject Area Syllabuses.
Downloadable versions for viewing offline are provided. To download, right-click on a link and select "Save Target/Link As...".
- Download: Understanding Subject Area Syllabuses (MP4, 34 MB; 8min 30sec)
- Download: Aligning teaching, learning and assessment in Subject Area Syllabuses (MP4, 21 MB; 5min 28sec)
- Download: Understanding the underpinning factors of Subject Area Syllabuses (MP4, 43 MB; 10min 45sec)
- Download: Implementing Subject Area Syllabuses (MP4, 21 MB; 5min 23 sec)
- Transcript of Understanding Subject Area Syllabuses (PDF, 97 kB)
- Transcript of Aligning teaching, learning and assessment in Subject Area Syllabuses (PDF, 87 kB)
- Transcript of Understanding the underpinning factors of Subject Area Syllabuses (PDF, 100 kB)
- Transcript of Implementing Subject Area Syllabuses (PDF, 89 kB)