The assessment design templates available through this webpage are for use by schools implementing the Music 2013 syllabus.
Determining how to use the templates
- Determine whether to use the template or to copy the information into a school-based assessment document.
- When copying information into another template, care should be taken to maintain formatting.
Using the templates
- Insert school-based information into the space provided.
- Insert tasks and/or items and add any contextual information and guidelines — refer to the relevant sections of the syllabus when writing the assessment.
- Delete information that is not relevant to the assessment, e.g. if the task is for Year 11, delete the Year 12 conditions; if it is multimodal, delete information about spoken/signed tasks.
- Delete sets of information by highlighting the row and then: Layout > Delete > Delete row.
- Follow the directions provided to make the standards matrix instrument-specific.
- Delete instruction tables and/or instruct text before using the instrument.
Assessment design templates
The following instruments assess the Dimensions: Composition, Musicology, and Performance:
- Composition (DOCX, 57 kB)
- Musicology: Extended response (DOCX, 56 kB)
- Musicology: Written examination (DOCX, 55 kB)
- Performance (DOCX, 55 kB)