Schools use the Student Data Capture System (SDCS) to report Year 11 and Year 12 student details — including enrolments and results to the QCAA.
From 2018 there will be some changes for SDCS:
- A new 64-bit enabled Student Data Capture System (SDCS 64) will replace the old 32-bit system. It will run on any version of Windows from Windows 7 to Windows 10, 32-bit or 64-bit Operating System. It does not require the virtual XP mode on Windows 7, or a 32-bit Operating System. The upgrade process has been designed for ease-of-use and simplicity, and the new SDCS 64 has better performance.
- SDCS should not be used for 2018 Year 10 cohort or subsequent cohorts.
- Schools will need to use QCAA’s new online application - Student Management - for the 2018 Year 10 cohort and subsequent cohorts. The Student Management application is due for release in March 2018.
SDCS and SLIMS/RABS will continue until late 2019, when they will be decommissioned and retained for historical records. Schools should continue to use SDCS for students in the following cohorts:
Students in Years 11 and 12 only
Note: Student Management will be used for Year 10 students
Students in Year 12 only
Note: Student Management will be used for Year 10 and Year 11
QCAA uses information in SDCS to:
- bank enrolments and learning achievements in learning accounts for the QCE
- issue the Queensland Certificate of Education, Senior Statements and Statements of Results, Tertiary Entrance Statement, and Queensland Certificate of Individual Achievement
- report school level performance in national and state reports.
SDCS allows schools to:
- maintain student details, enrolments and results in Authority subjects, Authority-registered subjects and VET
- create, display, and print student assessment records
- create, display, and print subject/class reports
- validate student information
- create, display, and print the distribution of subject achievement indicators
- enter, display, and print your school's proposals for levels of achievement
- record achievement of VET units of competency and qualifications (where the school is the RTO)
- import information from other systems
- export information to other systems.
SDCS users require the SCHOOLSDCS role to upload data submissions. Access to the QCAA secure site is managed by QCAA.
If you need SCHOOLSDCS access, please follow the instructions for requesting access.
School administration with the SCHOOLSDCS role can:
Current software version
For help or further information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (07) 3864 0278.