Schools use the Student Data Capture System (SDCS) to report Years 10-12 student details – including enrolments and results – to the QCAA.
SDCS will be retained until late 2019, when it will be decommissioned and kept for historical records. Schools should continue to use SDCS until 2019 for students in the following cohorts:
|Students in Years 10, 11 and 12||2017|
Students in Years 11 and 12 only
Note: Student Management will be used for Year 10 students
Students in Year 12 only
Note: Student Management will be used for Year 10 and Year 11
QCAA uses information in SDCS to:
- bank enrolments and learning achievements in learning accounts for the QCE
- issue the Queensland Certificate of Education, Senior Statements and Statements of Results, Tertiary Entrance Statement, and Queensland Certificate of Individual Achievement
- report school level performance in national and state reports.
SDCS lets schools:
- maintain student details, enrolments and results in Authority subjects, Authority-registered subjects and VET
- create, display, and print student assessment records
- create, display, and print subject/class reports
- validate student information
- create, display, and print the distribution of subject achievement indicators
- enter, display, and print your school's proposals for levels of achievement
- record achievement of VET units of competency and qualifications (where the school is the RTO)
- import information from other systems
- export information to other systems.
SDCS users require the SCHOOLSDCS role to upload data submissions. Access to the QCAA secure site is managed by QCAA.
If you need SCHOOLSDCS access, please follow the instructions for requesting access.
School administration with the SCHOOLSDCS role can:
Current software version
Released: 8 November 2017
For help or further information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (07) 3864 0278.