The Student Data Capture System (SDCS) is the data collection system for schools to report student details - including enrolments and assessments - to the QCAA.
SDCS captures information for students in the Senior Phase of Learning – which may be for Years 10-12.
Information captured by QCAA is used to:
- bank enrolments and learning achievements in learning accounts for the QCE
- issue the Queensland Certificate of Education, Senior Statements and Statements of Results, Tertiary Entrance Statement, and Queensland Certificate of Individual Achievement
- print VET Certificates and Statements of Attainment for schools which are RTOs
- report school level performance in national and state reports.
The SDCS allows your school to capture, update, and validate information for students in Years 10, 11 and 12, and provides facilities to:
- maintain student details, enrolments and results in Authority subjects, Authority-registered subjects and VET
- create, display, and print student assessment records
- create, display, and print subject/class reports
- validate student information
- create, display, and print the distribution of subject achievement indicators
- enter, display, and print your school's proposals for levels of achievement
- record achievement of VET units of competency and qualifications
- import information from other systems
- export information to other systems.
Roles and access to QCAA information sources and tools
School staff responsible for undertaking any of the following tasks must be authorised by their principal and access granted by an Organisation Administrator (ORGADMIN) role holder at the school.
|ORGADMIN||allows access to add/remove access to QCAA’s restricted site for active and inactive staff at your school. |
QCAA recommends schools should have at least 2 ORGADMIN.
|SP_EDITOR||allows access to create, edit, view, delete and print Study Plans.|
|CP_EDITOR||allows access to create, edit, view, delete and print Curriculum Plans.|
|MODERATOR||allows access to create, edit, view, delete, print and submit Study and Curriculum Plans. |
allows access to recall ‘Approved’ and delete ‘In Progress’ Curriculum Plans.
|RTOMANAGER||allows access to view, create, edit, view, delete print and submit RTO forms.|
This role must only be assigned to the authorised RTO Manager or Chief Executive (CEO/Principal).
|RTOUSER||allows access to view, create, edit, view, delete and print RTO forms.|
|SEACOORDINATOR||allows access to view external assessment trial materials and complete administrative tasks required for the administration of the assessment.|
|SCHOOLADMIN||allows access to the school admin section, QCS test admin database and WP Online.|
|SCHOOLSDCS||allows access to the Student Data Capture System section to submit data.|
|SCHOOLSEP||allows access to the School Portal to view Year 12 Outcomes, VET data, NAPLAN data and access to the School-specific reports web page.|
See Requesting access for more information about the Organisation Administrator (ORGADMIN) role.
Released: 23 January 2017
For help or further information, email email@example.com or phone (07) 3864 0278.