As part of the initial stage of the syllabus redevelopment process, academics were engaged to undertake literature reviews for each of the learning areas.
The literature reviews provide an overview of current research focusing on:
- emerging national and international trends in the discipline/s that underpin the subject group, including advances in assessment and contemporary pedagogical approaches, and how these trends might be reflected in syllabuses
- comparisons of QCAA syllabuses, syllabuses from other Australian and international jurisdictions and VET qualifications in the subject group
- connections with the F(P)–12 Australian Curriculum
- the role of identified skills for 21st century learners in senior secondary curriculum.
In some learning areas addendums have been written to provide further information about issues that were raised in the literature review. The literature reviews and addendums are listed below:
- Business and Economics (PDF, 378.1 KB)
- English (PDF, 186.2 KB)
- Health and Physical Education (PDF, 269.6 KB)
- Humanities and Social Sciences (PDF, 268.7 KB)
- Mathematics (PDF, 855.7 KB)
- Languages (PDF, 290.8 KB)
- Science (PDF, 214.6 KB)
- Technologies (PDF, 400.3 KB)
- The Arts (PDF, 268.3 KB)