Below are links to the syllabus, online survey and survey questions for Draft 2 of the redeveloped Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Studies syllabus.
The syllabus survey is available Friday 19 May 2017 until Friday 9 June 2017.
|Draft 2 syllabus||Link to online survey||Online survey questions|
|Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Studies (PDF, 1.0 MB)||Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Studies survey||Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Studies survey questions (PDF, 78.3 KB)|
Note: Draft syllabuses are pre-publishing and as such have not been edited.
Draft 2 syllabus structure
Draft 2 of the Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Studies senior syllabus contains the following sections:
- course overview, which includes a rationale outlining the particular qualities of a subject and what students will learn
- teaching and learning, which includes syllabus objectives, the valued pedagogies and/or conceptual frameworks particular to a subject
- four units of work, which include formative Units 1 and 2 and summative Units 3 and 4. Each unit will have a unit title and description, unit objectives, unit requirements and detail of subject matter
- assessment information for Units 3 and 4, including instrument-specific marking guides (ISMGs) for summative internal assessments
- external assessment, which includes subject-specific external assessment advice
- glossary, which includes curriculum language that is consistent across syllabuses as well as subject-specific terms.
The consultation process is explained in memo 031/17: