- Introducing the Queensland Curriculum and Assessment Authority (PDF, 658.6 KB)
Information about QCAA’s commitment, priorities, and resources and services for schools.
- NAPLAN in Queensland (PDF, 303.8 KB)
Information about NAPLAN in Queensland, including the four tests and their formats, and QCAA’s role in administering and marking the tests and reporting results.
- Queensland Certificate of Education (QCE) brochure (PDF, 1.4 MB)
Information about the QCE, including what it is and how it works.
- Planning QCE pathways factsheet (PDF, 450.4 KB)
A guide to planning a pathway to a QCE, including a summary of learning options and literacy and numeracy requirements.
Information for students completing Year 12 in 2018 and 2019
Queensland Certificate of Education (QCE)
- OP Fast Facts (PDF, 326.1 KB)
Answers to many of the questions parents and students ask about OPs, including: What is an OP and how is it calculated?
- Calculating OPs: The basic principles (PDF, 809.6 KB)
Information about the calculation and use of OPs, subject achievement indicators and scaling.
- About the QCS Test 2018 (PDF, 663.4 KB)
- A guide for parents and carers (PDF, 4.0 MB)
Queensland Core Skills (QCS) Test
Information about the QCS Test, including what it is, when it is held and what it assesses.
A guide to the QCS Test, its purpose, format and content, as well as answers to commonly asked questions and tips that will help students approach the test with confidence.
- Vocational education and training (VET) (PDF, 2.4 MB)
Information about VET in schools, including certificate, diploma and school-based apprenticeship options.
- Externally moderated school-based assessment for Authority subjects in Years 11 & 12 (PDF, 1.1 MB)
Information about Queensland’s system of externally moderated school-based assessment for Authority subjects.
- QCIA brochure and frequently asked questions (PDF, 1.3 MB)
Queensland Certificate of Individual Achievement (QCIA)
Information about the QCIA, including what it is and who is eligible for one.
- Introducing Queensland’s new senior assessment system: From syllabus to subject result (PDF, 798.2 KB)
Information about the new QCE system, including information about key changes, new syllabuses, school-based assessment, external assessment and ratification of subject results.
- The new QCE system: Popular Q&As for students and families (PDF, 193.4 KB)
Answers to frequently asked questions about the new QCE system, such as: What subjects can I choose, and how is senior assessment and tertiary entrance changing?
- Senior assessment and tertiary entrance in Queensland: A comparison of the current and new systems (PDF, 715.5 KB)
Compares features of the current QCE system with the new QCE system starting with Year 11 students in 2019.